It’s not that I’m trying to gloat, but while displaying my collection I want to share something that happened to a friend of mine recently that I thought was worth writing about.
A friend of mine who is also a watch fan (follow him at tumblr.com/chinkinainteasy)went to a party in LA to meet some of our old friends from college.
He was wearing his Rolex and a girl approached him to ask about his watch. Essentially she started to attack him about why he would spend so much on a watch. Why didn’t he donate it to charity? The questions poured in.
Although under attack, he maintained his composure and his class.
This girl wasn’t exactly a liberal hippie. She too went to our very conservative and prestigious private school. For some reason she got preachy. That’s fine. (she had an expensive purse for what it’s worth)
You see, us guys can only accessorize so much. (at least without being over the top). We aren’t basketball players, we’re not rockstars, we’re not rappers. We’re young professionals without a little discretionary income and a hobby or two.
A nice watch is about all we can do to accessorize and show some individuality (besides our clothing). Admittedly, Rolex is a pretty well known brand. It’s iconic. But at times it’s also a bit “common” where I live. It’s why I’m branching out to Audemars. But Rolex is a fine watch. This girl didn’t know watches well, but immediately associated Rolex with excess and too much money. (but they can also be affordable, and with the long life these watches can afford, it’s the type of luxury you pay up front for but lasts a lifetime and generations after you to come… We all think about our kids passing these on).
So, I urge people, never judge a man by his watch. It’s our way to express individuality.
- thinkwithoutlimit reblogged this from greenteajetstreams
- thinkwithoutlimit likes this
- lavishnationempire reblogged this from greenteajetstreams and added:
- rub1nel reblogged this from greenteajetstreams
- rub1nel likes this
- im-so-fucking-raw reblogged this from kyeliet
- kyeliet reblogged this from dareelyamil
- graffnews reblogged this from dailyluxury
- xzby likes this
- vittoriocetrullo likes this
- ijaysmoove likes this
- mvsterdg reblogged this from oscar2gee
- oscar2gee reblogged this from dailyluxury
- weeshlist reblogged this from dailyluxury
- just-bed0pe reblogged this from dailyluxury
- lucefashion reblogged this from theprovidentgentleman
- thegildedrage likes this
- briancondenanza likes this
- theprovidentgentleman reblogged this from greenteajetstreams
- loverrrboyyy reblogged this from dudeperfect
- darrenjoseph likes this
- onesmartfella likes this
- stoffe56 reblogged this from frasse21
- rich-ground likes this
- c-h-i-n-o-loco likes this
- restlessjay reblogged this from gntstyle
- restlessjay likes this
- geekmonster likes this
- anundividedmind likes this
- naniwananiwa likes this
- gij942 reblogged this from gntstyle
- theanthem-ofsuccess reblogged this from gntstyle
- catooncup likes this
- clothesforme reblogged this from gntstyle
- quharrison likes this
- colins-vortex likes this
- coldcomfortofanemptyglass reblogged this from gntstyle
- fas7 likes this
- fontvine reblogged this from gntstyle
- terrellsreview likes this
- gntstyle reblogged this from gntstyle
- vanberkel reblogged this from gntstyle
- theurbanemoor reblogged this from gntstyle
- tonotech reblogged this from gntstyle
- tonotech likes this
- yungflyndflashy reblogged this from chateau-de-luxe
- ruthlessambitionz reblogged this from chateau-de-luxe
- alexxxlife reblogged this from chateau-de-luxe
- hopes-and-dreams28 reblogged this from chateau-de-luxe
- mvyas25 reblogged this from chateau-de-luxe